MCA Roundtable on Talent
Annually, Michigan Colleges Alliance (MCA) brings together member college presidents with business and talent acquisition leaders from major Michigan-based employers to explore young talent development and workplace readiness issues. The MCA Roundtable on Talent was launched in June, 2013 and includes an evening dinner reception with a keynote speaker followed the next day by an in-depth discussion among participants. It is held at the beautiful and iconic Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. The goal is to better understand employer expectations and improve communications between the developers and employers of young talent in our state.
2016 Roundtable on Talent
The Roundtable on Talent has become a signature program for Michigan Colleges Alliance (MCA), supporting talent goals for business and positioning our network at the forefront of collaborative engagement nationally. Since its inception in 2012, the Roundtable has provided a platform for dialogue and relationship building between partner corporations, and MCA’s campus leadership. State-wide corporations select a talent or other thought leader to participate in the event. Previous Roundtables included representatives from 40 - 50 companies in Michigan, including Ford, Whirlpool, Stryker Instruments, Quicken, Bissell, FCA, Enterprise, Hayworth, Towers Watson, Meijer, Masco, Cooper Standard, Kellogg’s, Kelly Services, Comerica, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and others.
View prior event photos.
This summer’s program, June 27 - 28, 2016, at the Grand Hotel will build on this success. We will utilize a Blue Ocean Strategy (BOS) framework and methodologies to explore exciting new opportunities in corporate and higher education collaboration, advancing workforce and talent outcomes. Dr. Andrea Simon, a nationally recognized Blue Ocean author and consultant, will facilitate the session based on the best-selling book (and business strategy movement it inspired) by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne. BOS is one of the most prolific models used today and provides a compelling path to value innovation for all attendees.
Invited MCA Campus and Corporate Partner Participants
- MCA Campus Presidents; Provosts or Selected Faculty, and Chief Business Officers or CFO’s
- Corporate Partner Vice Presidents/Chief Human Resource Officers, Chief Talent Officers, Thought Leaders, University Relations, Recruiting or Other Senior Management, and MCA Collaborative Organizational Partners
- Campus leadership (Presidents and Provosts) dinner and keynote is Sunday evening, June 26 and features Cyrus Mistry, Senior Product Manager, Devices and Content for Education, Google.
- Roundtable for all participants begins with a group reception, followed by dinner and keynote address on Monday, June 27 at 5:15 PM. The speaker is Michael Jandernoa, former Chairman and CEO of Perrigo Company.
- The facilitated Roundtable for all participants begins Tuesday, June 28th at 9:00 AM until approximately 12:00 Noon. Bill Huffaker, Global Director, Talent Acquisition, General Motors will kick-off the Roundtable. Dr. Andrea Simon, nationally-known Blue Ocean facilitator and consultant, will lead the session.
Monday, June 27
Morning/afternoon - Open time for R&R and informal networking with MCA colleagues
4:00 PM - Business Partner Sponsor presentation (Campus presidents, CFO’s and sponsors)
5:15 PM - Opening general reception
6:30 PM - Dinner and keynote address
8:30 PM - Afterglow (sponsored event)
Tuesday, June 28
9:00 AM - Noon - Roundtable session: Discovering Blue Ocean Collaborations
If you would like to become a sponsor of this event, or reserve a spot for your company, please reach out to Karen Mulligan or Kim Sinclair at 248.356.3114.